Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1 in 4, Really?


Okay, this made me super sad. It was reported on NBC4 tonight that 1 in 4 people in Columbus, Ohio are hungry. What? How is that possible? There's five people in my family and tonight at the dinner table I looked around and thought that's just not right. No one should be hungry. The story went on to interview a Director of a Foodbank outside of the Columbus are and she said that what they're seeing is people who used to donate are now needing assistance themselves. We can never say never and we can't sweep this under the rug. If you click on the Mid-Ohio Foodbank icon, it'll take you to there Campaign to Sustain page. You can text a $5 donation that will be added to your phone bill. I just did. Won't you consider doing the same?

1 comment:

Lacey Lisner said...

Hi Laura,
I was emailed your inspiring story from Mom Inventors today. It came just after I thought of a product I would like to develop. I feel like your story is similar to mine, because I too would need the help of a plastics manufacturing company. I have NO idea where to begin. If you could help me get started in this adventure I would be so grateful for any of your advice. Congratulations on your beautiful family and your many successes!
Sincerely,
Lacey Lisner
laceylisner@yahoo.com