Thursday, June 19, 2008

BPA Free, OnTray


I know everyone is paranoid lately about plastics and which are BPA free. No, I don't have any plans to make a stainless steel OnTray (that would cost all of us more) but more than that, OnTray is already made from safe plastic. OnTray is made from #5 Polypropylene and is BPA free! To be honest, I didn't even know to ask about that when I created it 2 years ago. I knew it needed to be made from FDA approved plastic, but that was it. I was excited and relieved quite frankly to discover that #5 PP is a GOOD PLASTIC. I'm providing a link, http://www.bisphenolafree.org/ , so that you can all do your homework and figure out which plastic you should avoid and which you don't. I wish the media would have touched on that a little more rather than scaring us all into stainless bowls, cups and plates and leaving us all broke from it :) !

No comments: