Monday, July 07, 2008

4200 feet up in Canaan Valley, West Virginia


My parents have a place in beautiful Canaan Valley, West Virginia. We took the boys there over the 4th and Chad had an idea to take all of them up Timberline's (a ski resort) ski lift that's open during the summer for scenic trips. Anyway, I agreed (even though I was scared to death the boys were going to slip through the rail), and we took the plung, or should I say we headed up the mountain. Here's a picture of Jack, Luke & Ty once we got to the top. They LOVED it! When we got up there, Luke said, "Mama, isn't this beautiful?" Luke also told us he wants to learn how to snowboard this ski season. He's 4! The kid just cracks me up. We hiked around a little bit while we were up there. I think our oldest, Jack, was hoping he'd see a bear. There were signs all over the place, "Don't Feed the Bears", or "Bear Country" so Jack thought for sure he'd see one. I kept asking him what he would do if he actually saw him. He didn't answer me, his eyes just got as big as silver dollars!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute picture of them!

Dynamic Women Entrepreneurs said...

What a great picture, Laura. It sounds like you guys had a fabulous time.