Thursday, September 06, 2007

First, 1st Grade Experience!





Seriously, how cute are these kids? I know they're mine, but seriously, cute, huh? Jack started the 1st grade last Tuesday. I cried like a baby for three days leading up to school. The funny thing was, I didn't cry when he went to pre-school or when he went to Kindergarten last year. Nope, I guess it was all bottled up for this year. Chad said it best. He told me he thought maybe I felt like I was "splitting up my team". Yes...that's it....oh yeah and it's MY BABY GOING OFF TO SCHOOL ALL DAY! Really, though, I think I came to the realization that someone else would be helping him throughout the day. He didn't need my like he has for the past 6 1/2 years of his life. Nope, I had done my job. I guess that should be pretty rewarding, huh? I have done my job; not like I don't have the rest of my life to be his mom. I must have done a good enough job so far that he felt confident enough to hop on that school bus he had never ridden before, go to a classroom full of people he hardly knew and make new friends, eat in a cafeteria which was completely new to him and try food orther than PB&J's and be gone from his home and family all day when he is a self described home-body. Well it's a good thing he's so well adjusted because I'm the one at home crying like a baby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura, I hope you're doing better with Jack being gone all day!!! That is such a cute picture of the three of them!!!! Love. Meghan, Rich and Cailan