Friday, June 08, 2007

Kindergarten


Today was my oldest son, Jack's, last day of Kindergarten. His teacher organized a Last Day Luau. It was so much fun. Both the am and pm classes had the party together. They were all divided into separate groups with combos of kids from the am and pm classes. Jack was in an all boy group (hello energy) and knew only one other kid. I sneaked out of the station I was working to peek at him, and he was high-fiving these boys while they were playing "coconut bowling". I just sat and watched in amazement at how willing little people are to forge friendships with people they've never meet before. At the end of the party Jack said goodbye to his teachers and his friends. When we got in the car he said, "Now I have so many more friends. I can't wait until the first grade". That makes two of us!

No comments: